Portfolio: Vice President – External
Time Commitment: September – December (Moderate)
FIRST LEGO League & FIRST LEGO League Junior are growing rapidly in the National Capital Region, and CU FIRST wants to provide as much support as it can to area teams and events. This Director will be our point person with regards to FLL and FLL Jr., helping us stay in contact with area teams to ensure they are well-funded and mentored, liaising with the Ottawa FLL Tournament Director and Planning Committee, and helping us establish and operate a LEGO Mindstorm EV3 loan program for teams that are unable to afford their own.
- Aid the Vice President – External in liaising with local FLL & FLL Jr. Teams to ensure they have sufficient funding, resources, and mentorship
- Work with the Executive to create and run a LEGO Mindstorm EV3 Kit loan program for local FLL Teams in-need
- Work with the Executive to recruit CU FIRST members and other Post-Secondary Students to become Team Mentors or Event Volunteers
- Work with the Executive to obtain funding and support from Carleton University and the Faculty of Engineering & Design for Teams and Events
- Aid the Vice President – External in liaising with the Ottawa FLL Tournament Director and Planning Committee
- Must have previous knowledge and experience with FIRST LEGO League and/or FIRST LEGO League Junior
- Must be a Post-Secondary Student in the National Capital Region enrolled for the current school year
Being an Upper-Year Student (2nd, 3rd, and 4th), a Carleton University student, and/or a FIRST Alumnus/Mentor/Volunteer are considered as assets, but are not mandatory.