Portfolio: Vice President – Internal
Time Commitment: September 2019 – April 2020 (Moderate)
While CU FIRST is growing at an amazing pace, our public brand is also growing! As an Alumni, Volunteer, and Mentoring hub within the #FIRSTOttawa community, we interact online with teams, events, companies, and organizations across North America. Whether it be posting to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, publishing our Email Newsletter, or sharing updates on our Website, communicating via the internet is at the core of almost everything we do! We’re looking for a Director to bring their own artistic flair and marketing expertise to help us manage it all.
- Act as the CU FIRST Social Media Manager
- Post regular updates to the CU FIRST Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram profiles
- Moderate comments, reply to messages, and forward inquiries to the Executive
- Run awareness campaigns to promote CU FIRST events, projects, and initiatives
- Act as the CU FIRST Photographer/Videographer
- Attend club, community, and FIRST events to take photos and record video
- Organize club photos and videos and share on Social Media
- Aid the President and Vice President – Internal in writing and publishing the bi-weekly CU FIRST email Newsletter
- Use Graphic Design tools (ex. Photoshop) to create promotional, recruitment, and other materials for both print and digital media
- Previous knowledge and experience with FIRST (FRC, FTC, FLL and/or, FLL Jr.)
- Previous experience with Social Media, Marketing, or Graphic Design
- Ottawa-area University or College Student enrolled for the 2019/20 school year
Assets (Not Mandatory)
- Carleton University student
- FIRST Alumnus, Mentor or Volunteer
We encourage anyone interested to please put your name forward!
Submit your Application
Applications for this position will open in Late-August to Early-September 2019. Check back later!