Portfolio: Vice President – External
Time Commitment: September – January (Moderate)
For the students, mentors, and volunteers of the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC), the first day of the new year isn’t January 1st, it’s Kickoff Day. The day in early January when the new game is revealed to the world, marking the beginning of the 6-week build season and beginning the countdown towards competition. We at CU FIRST celebrate Kickoff by inviting all of the Ottawa-area FRC teams to Carleton University to view the live reveal broadcast, conduct strategy sessions to break down the new game, and bond over our shared love of robots! This Director will be our point person to organize the Kickoff, from recruiting sponsors, to inviting teams, to being there on the big day the make sure it goes off without a hitch.
- Aid the Vice President – External in liaising with the Faculty of Engineering & Design Outreach Office throughout the planning process
- Create and submit a Sponsorship Package for their approval
- Arrange to book the necessary space and equipment on-campus
- Aid the Vice President – External in liaising with FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) teams attending the event
- Send out invitations and keep the teams informed as new details are available
- Arrange surrogate Kit of Parts pick-up in Montreal through FIRST Quebec
- Work with the Executive to arrange food, drinks, event signage, promotional materials, attendee parking and more
- Manage the event the on the day-of, ensuring participants’ needs are met and responding to any issues as they arise
- Must have previous knowledge and experience with FIRST Robotics Competition
- Must be a Post-Secondary Student in the National Capital Region enrolled for the current school year
Being an Upper-Year Student (2nd, 3rd, and 4th), a Carleton University student, and/or a FIRST Alumnus/Mentor/Volunteer are considered as assets, but are not mandatory.