Portfolio: Vice President – External
Time Commitment: May 2019 – December 2019 (Moderate)
FIRST LEGO League & FIRST LEGO League Junior are growing rapidly in the National Capital Region, and CU FIRST wants to provide as much support as it can to area teams and events. This Director will be our point person with regards to all things FLL & FLL Jr., helping us stay in contact with area teams to ensure they are well-funded and mentored, organizing and event managing the 2019 Ottawa FLL Kickoff event, and acting as our Liaison with the Ottawa FLL Tournament Director. We’re looking for someone with a passion for FIRST, a desire to get involved, and the drive to improve the FLL and FLL Jr. community here in Ottawa.
- Work with the Executive to organize all aspects of the 2019 Ottawa FLL Season Kickoff event to be hosted at Carleton University. This Director will be the Lead on this project and will act as the Event Manager on the day-of
- Work with the Executive to obtain funding and support from Carleton University and the Faculty of Engineering & Design for Teams and Events
- Aid the Vice President – External with staying in-touch with all local FLL & FLL Jr. teams throughout the season to ensure they have sufficient funding, resources, and mentorship
- Work with the Executive to recruit CU FIRST Members and FIRST Alumni as FLL Coaches and pair them with area teams in-need
- Act as the CU FIRST liaison with the Ottawa FLL Tournament Director
- Coordinate CU FIRST and Carleton University Volunteers for the Ottawa FLL Tournament, aiding with registration, screenings, and more
- Previous knowledge and experience with FIRST LEGO League and/or FIRST LEGO League Junior
- Ottawa-area University or College Student enrolled for the 2019/20 school year
- Grade 12 Students that have accepted their Offer of Enrolment and start in September are eligible
Assets (Not Mandatory)
- Carleton University student
- FIRST Alumnus, Mentor or Volunteer
We encourage anyone interested to please put your name forward!
Submit your Application
Applications for this position have closed and the position has been filled for the 2019/2020 season. The next hiring round for this position will open in Spring 2020.