Portfolio: Vice President – External
Time Commitment: September 2019 – January 2020 (Moderate)
For the students, mentors, and volunteers of the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC), the first day of the new year isn’t January 1st, it’s Kickoff Day. The day in early January when that season’s challenge is revealed to the world, marking the start of build season and beginning the countdown towards competition. We at CU FIRST celebrate Kickoff by inviting all of the Ottawa-area FRC teams to Carleton University to view the live reveal broadcast, conduct strategy sessions to break down the new game, and bond over our shared love of robots! This Director will be our point person to organize all aspects the Kickoff event, from coordinating sponsorship, to communicating with teams, to being there on the big day the make sure it goes off without a hitch.
- Work with the Vice President – External and the Faculty of Engineering & Design throughout the planning process
- Create and submit a Sponsorship Package for approval by the Faculty
- Arrange to book the necessary space and equipment
- Arrange presentations, tabling, and other outreach/recruitment initiatives with the Faculty
- Work with Vice President – External to support FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) teams attending the event
- Send out invitations and keep the teams informed as new details are available
- Arrange surrogate Kit of Parts pick-up through FIRST Canada (if required)
- Work with the Executive to arrange food, drinks, event signage, promotional materials, attendee parking and more
- Work with the Executive to apply for Official Kickoff status through FIRST Headquarters
- Manage the event the on the day-of, ensuring participants’ needs are met and responding to any issues as they arise
- Previous knowledge and experience with FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC)
- Ottawa-area University or College Student enrolled for the 2019/20 school year
Assets (Not Mandatory)
- Carleton University student
- FIRST Alumnus, Mentor or Volunteer
We encourage anyone interested to please put your name forward!
Submit your Application
Applications are now CLOSED. Please check back in September 2020 for the next round of hiring.